Congratulations! 🎉 You made it through the first part of How To GraphQL and learned all you need to know to build an actual app with GraphQL!
In the following, you can choose from one of the many hands-on tutorials we created for you. All tutorials will start from scratch and teach you how to build a fully-fledged Hackernews clone. Depending on what you want to learn, you can either choose a tutorial from the frontend or the backend tracks.
Learn how to use GraphQL on the Frontend
Here’s an overview of the frontend tutorials we offer:
- React & Apollo (Beginners Choice): If you’re new to GraphQL, this is the tutorial for you. Apollo Client makes it super easy to get started with GraphQL on the frontend by providing a flexible, yet powerful and intuitive API that gives you everything you need when developing applications.
- React & Relay: Relay is the GraphQL client that was developed by Facebook and is heavily optimized for performance. Using Relay requires an advanced understanding of GraphQL and React. Choose this tutorial to learn everything you need to know to get started with Facebook’s data management framework.
Build your own GraphQL Server
Choose your favorite programming language to get started with GraphQL on the server-side:
- Ruby: Learn how to build a GraphQL server in Ruby with this tutorial based on the graphql-ruby library.
- Java: Learn how to build a GraphQL server in Java with this tutorial based on the graphql-java library.
- Elixir: Learn how to build a GraphQL server in Elixir with this tutorial based on the Absinthe library.
- Python Get Started: Learn how to build a GraphQL server in Python with this tutorial based on the Graphene library.
- Scala (Coming Soon): Learn how to build a GraphQL server in Scala with this tutorial based on the Sangria library.
- Graphcool: Graphcool is a powerful developer platform that combines GraphQL and Serverless technologies to provide you with the best tools to build the backend for your next app. Learn how to leverage the features of Graphcool to build a production-ready GraphQL server.
Contribute a Tutorial
Don’t find the tutorial with your favorite technology? Maybe you want to contribute and create it yourself? Get in touch!